Thursday, May 1, 2008

Opening in Boston ... and deadlines

Last weekend, we went into Boston for the OAK grand opening. It was great to actually see the store in person and to see my items (Mylarkey Lunch Bags and Teensy Pocket Cases) displayed. I was surprised at how close it is to the swanky shops of Newbury Street - just a couple steps off on Gloucester Street. I hope to do some of my deliveries there in person so I can check out more of the shops and restaurants in that area. And Caden loved seeing the swan boats and playing in an excellent neighborhood playground nearby.


Today, I'm trying to meet 2 self-imposed deadlines: finishing a draft of my first thesis chapter (and manuscript, hopefully for publication) to send to my advisor (mid-day update: a few things to double-check and still need to write the abstract!) and posting my spring Hither & Yonder Collection in the Cascade Lemonade shop during breaks (update: about half of the items have been added, the rest are yet to come this evening). I look forward to celebrating with ice cream sundaes tonight. :)

No comments: