Friday, May 9, 2008

Hither & Yonder Collection - Spring 2008

Although its been in the shop since May 1st, here's an introduction to the 7 new designs in my Spring 'Hither & Yonder' Collection:

Sally Forth Sundries Pouch: My absolute favorite design of all was the last that I made. Even though I prefer working with natural materials, I think the vinyl pockets make these look pretty snazzy. This first one is made from a retro denim that I got at the Legacy on my last California trip. It has serious attitude - there are such random, bright designs on it, like lightbulbs, toothbrushes, zippers, eyes, frogs, etc! It's designed to be big enough for even full-sized toiletries like shaving gel.
And another one made from a heavy-weight fuchsia nylon I bought at the Rainshed outdoor fabrics store in my hometown of Corvallis, Oregon.

The Marigolds Mini-Break bag has already been sent off to be used for lakeshore trips in Michigan. The handles are a retro 80's webbing that my mother-in-law shared with me. I think the colors are so 2008, too - fuchsia, turquoise, yellow. The 'Marigolds' are an imaginary travelling/singing duo that my cousin, Meg, and I always dreamed of starting (complete with a VW bus!).

The Prairie Ponderings Mat is water-resistant, padded, and insulated, designed to be used by people from age 0-120...as a changing pad, nap mat, minimalist backpacking sleeping pad, and sitting mat. It's named after my dad's 'Prairie Ponderings' updates of his experiences as a community economist on the MN and OR prairies.

These are the designs that I've had in my head for a year now and finally wanted to create - the Hither Picnic Pouch (insulated, reusable food pouch) and Yonder Picnic Case (a picnic placemat and tote in one; sized to fit on an airplane tray table). This set is made of a vintage fabric from my grandma's collection that still had tags attached!

Finally, a couple fun little things - the Misty Leah Transparent Mini Zipper Pouch (named after my sis-in-law)

and ZuZu Luggage Tag (a smaller version of my ZuZuum Tags) - isn't this Alexander Henry 'Lemon Blossom' fabric (I call 'Spring flowers') fresh and cheerful?

Stay tuned for updates about my next collection - coming sooner than you'd think!

No comments: