Tuesday, December 9, 2008

October catch-up

I'm playing catch up in all aspects of life right now - sewing projects, work, home. I haven't even unpacked my bag from our month on the west coast yet, and we've been back over a week! Here's a start at catching up with reporting on my projects!

In October, for the first time, I made Caden's costume completely from scratch (since I couldn't find an all-white 2T footsie!). He was Max from Where the Wild Things Are. Here he is at his school Halloween party, carrying a pasta server as his mischief-making tool...





Project #2 was a baby quilt for my friends Tanja and Dan. They live in Burkina Faso, Africa, hence the safari animal theme. I was really happy with the pattern and how adjacent blocks made kite-like blocks on the bias. With the exception of the yellow fabric, I had most of the materials on hand.

Tanja came back to the states to have her baby, so I got to see her and give her the quilt in person. Little Leah was born the day after Thanksgiving. Here's a darling picture Tans just sent of her on the quilt. It's so gratifying to see something you've made keep a baby cozy!


No comments: